Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6/3
PCMO said all of us need to be proactive about our mental health... so after a successful solo trip to the bazar (bought myself some fruits,veggies, eggs, and tupperwears. Not too exciting) I walked to the beach! Since I guess i'm the only person with nothing to do or the only one who doesn't know where the good beach is, I got to have a private beach party. Nothing like relaxing in the sand, drinking crystal light (thanks to the rents amazing carepack), and listening to the beach boys on my ipod. Mental health status for today: fantastic!
Side note: one perk about living in an apartment complex... full nights of sleep!!!! So far I have not been woken up multiple times a night to dogs barking over nothing or an early wake up call from farm animals!! absolutely heavenly!

6/4
Good time killer… hand washing my laundry even though they have a washing machine. Killed about a solid hour and a half. I’ll be spending the rest of my day attempting to studying and probably going for a walk/ trying to figure out what this city has to offer. Yippee.
-after a relaxing my relaxing afternoon at the park with my ipod and peanuts, I decided to pick up some potatoes at the bazar so I could make home fries and eggs for breakfast. While at the bazar, I stuck up a conversation with the woman selling me my potatoes and she threw in a free onion. Going to use that “I’m a Peace Corps health volunteer and I will live here for 2 years,” line more often!
So excited to meet up with some site mates in Bolstery to check out the baraz tomorrow!!

6/6
“Happy Birthday” mom!! Hope it’s a good one lady! Enjoying an ice cream and the beach to celebrate her day.
BISHKEK TOMORROW!!! Spending the rest of the week at the Issyk-kul hotel for some fun meetings! So excited! Keeping my fingers crossed we hit up osh bazar and the beta store before we head back to site.

No comments:

Post a Comment